/ 0
60%
Table of contents

Document in text mode:

For release 10:00 a.m. (ET) Thursday, June 16, 2022 USDL-22-1176 Technical information: (202) 691-6199 • [email protected] • www.bls.gov/ect Media contact: (202) 691-5902 • [email protected] EMPLOYER COSTS FOR EMPLOYEE COMPENSATION - MARCH 2022 Employer costs for employee compensation for civilian workers averaged $40.90 per hour worked in March 2022, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today. Wages and salaries cost employers $28.16 and accounted for 68.8 percent of total compensation, while benefits cost $12.74 and accounted for the remaining 31.2 percent. Total compensation costs for civilian workers were $15.60 at the 10th wage percentile, $31.39 at the 50th (median) wage percentile, and $78.58 at the 90th wage percentile. (See charts 1 and 2, and tables A and 1.) Total employer compensation costs for private industry workers averaged $38.61 per hour worked in March 2022. Wage and salary costs averaged $27.19 and accounted for 70.4 percent of employer costs, while benefit ...