/ 0
Table of contents

Document in text mode:

NEIGHBOUR NOISE PROBLEMS How to take your own private action Some types of noise nuisance occur occasionally or at night. If it is not possible for an Environmental Health Officer to witness the noise or they consider they may not feel able to take action on behalf of an individual who has made a complaint, you can take your own action under section 82 of the Environmental Protection Act 1990. It is advisable to contact the Citizens Advice Bureau initially as there are a number of different ways that you may be able to take private action dependent on the nature of your case. If the Citizens Advice Bureau advise you to consider taking your own action under S82 of the Environmental Protection Act 1990, this is a general guide for your assistance and information. If such a course of action is undertaken the following procedure should be followed:- (a) It is important that anyone troubled by what they consider is unreasonable behaviour should firstly approach the person thought to be caus...